Friday, December 10, 2010

Winter Neck Cowl

I’m on a knitting spree, as of late, probably because it’s Christmas time and I decided to make everyone on my list a handmade item.  I’ve been busy busy BUSY making things for everyone.  It seemed like a good idea at the time to save money (Michaels had a really good sale on yarn about a month ago) so I got all the yarn for everyone’s projects for under $20!  However, now that I’m up to my eyeballs in different projects, it doesn’t seem like such a fabulous idea.  Oh well, the gifts are only for my dad, mom, step-mom, sister, husband, father in-law and best friend, so it shouldn’t be too bad…right?

I’ve found once I’ve started working on someone’s Christmas package I feel like I need to add more.  I get more ideas of what would be cool or perfect for that person, and then I decide to make that too!  The bad news is that it’s slowing me down on checking off the different projects I have to do on my list, but the good news is that it’s using up a lot of my stash yarn (which I have WAY too much of!).

Anyways, to the point.  One of the extra things I’ve made is a super warm neck cowl for my mom.  I couldn’t find one that I like online, so I decided to just make one myself and I’ll get exactly what I want.  So here it is,

Winter Neck Cowl


Materials:
2 skeins Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice “Linen”
Size 7, 20 inch circular needles
Place Marker

Pattern:
CO 201, join in the round and put place marker on beginning stitch to mark where row begins.
(Hint:  When casting on large amounts I like to put place markers every 50 sts so if I lose count I don’t have to count every single stitch, just the 50 I’m working on).

*K2, YO, P1, YO* repeat to end of row
*K2, P3* repeat to end of row
*K2, P3* repeat to end of row
*K2, P3tog* repeat to end of row.

Repeat these 4 rows until the cowl reaches your desired width.
I made mine to be 4 ½ inches in width.

The length of the cowl is about 52 inches

Happy Knitting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment